Friday, February 1, 2008

New Decade

VLCD 20

Yesterday 181.4

Today 179.0

Loss of <2.4>



Ok, once again, I'm pretty suprised! Yesterday, I had to meet some clients for lunch at TGI Friday's. Well, I went off and left my dijon dressing at home. I was sooo mad when I realized it, but it was too late to go back. But they had a plate called Key West Shrimp, that was dubbed low carb. I couldn't ask ALOT of questions, so I just prayed. Well, when it came, it looked pretty legal! And it was good, and I was hungry! It was shrimp on skewers, that had been grilled with a little bit of spices. The side was brocolli. Later I found the nutritional analysis and it said 225 calories, 7 g rams of fat, 3 or 4 carbs. So last night I had tilapia and salad, just to be on the very safe side.


I also did some "googling" yesterday about water retention. I am surgically menopausal, and use HRT. Well, I never knew that the number one complaint about HRT's is water retention! I was waaaay too focused on the hot flashes! LOL


So, I THEN did some "googling" on homeopathic remedies, and came up with Dandelion Root extract. Here is what I found:


Dandelion leaves are commonly recommended as a food supplement for pregnant and postmenopausal women because of the numerous nutrients they contain. This plant produces a mild diuretic effect and reduces serum cholesterol levels. Dandelion root is used to improve appetite and minor digestive problems. Clinical trials have shown Dandelion to be effective in treating pneumonia, bronchitis and upper respiratory infections.


So, after my appointment, I went straight to Whole Foods, and got me some! I had it in my tea, and will continue to each day.

On another note, i think that I am liking the .125 dose instead of .175. It hasn't been long enough but I think that the .175 was too high.

I'm gearing up for the Marathon Hannah Montana weekend! My daughter is sooo excited! I hope that I live through it!


Lili, thanks for stopping by! You really were one of my inspirations!

Monica, we can do this together!

Biz, girl, the people who arrive late to my parties always liven them up!

Becca, thanks for stopping by. I'll try to get to your blog the weekend.

4 comments:

BizBuzz said...

WOOT! That is what I am talking about! Perseverance pays off big time!

I could have told you about Dandelion Root Tea! Good stuff that....hmmmm, I need to get some in a bit!

You go on with your bad self, keep being true and it will reward you!

applebottomblues said...

Hey girlie... Wowee! you are flyin! It sure has picked up for you this week. Thanks for the info about the dandelion tea. I'm gonna pick some up when I re-up on my teas.

I think I'm liking the switch to 125 as well. Tomorrow will be the real test. My 3rd day on it.

Have a terrific Hannah Montana weekend :)

Ed & Jennifer said...

Well hello there stranger! Where have I been? So glad I found your blog! Okay, I just got some of that good 'ole dandelion tea, I like it!

OMG, Hannah Montana...my daughter who is almost 8 (on the 15th) looooooves Hannah Montana! I feel ya sista! Can you believe how much they love her?

Enjoy it, I know what you're going through! Here's my blog if want to stop by (if you dare)!

http://www.acouplesjourneywithhcg.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow -- now THAT'S what I call a great loss!