Friday, February 15, 2008

Wow! It's Friday!

VLCD 32
Yesterday 173.0
Today 173.2
Gain of .2
Total Lost 22.6

Ok, I didn't get to blog yesterday, but I was up .2 yesterday too. I think that 2 things are going on. One is that I have stairstepped all along, and 2, I am at a setpoint. so I am really not worried, especially since people are really starting to notice the smaller me!

I survived Valentine's Day. Hubby got me some beautiful Tulips that I will be able to plant and keep forever!

You know, I think one of the coolest things that I have learned on my first round is that I can season ALOT of things with no fat , low sodium, chicken broth. And that using the same thing, I can make some pretty awesome soups. I have never read "You on a diet" by Dr. Oz, but I saw him once on Oprah, and something that he said stuck in my brain. He said that most thin people, eat basically the same things each day. In the past, I was always trying to think of "what sounded good", or "what do I really want" . HMMMMM now it's plain that I probabably wasn't "hungry " at all!

Oh yes, I promised my diet. Yesterday was chicken cabbage soup for lunch. Broth with a grissini for snack. Dinner was Tilapia with tuscan seasoning, asparagus, and a baked apple.

On to my comments form Weds:

Crystal, I am a lousy runner, but a pretty good walk/jogger. I really recommend doing a half marathon. it's alot of fun! I have never done a full one though.

Jenn, what can I say??? Once you take your tiny self into a gym, look out!!! Ed's gonna have to carry his shotgun when yall go out!

Lili, I'll be by your blog in a minute...protocol buddy!

Becca, as you can see, I'm a stairstepper...so if i average my lsses, i'm slowing way down, but who cares, right? a loss is a loss!

Biz, I'm trying to gather more info on Glycemic load vs. glycemic index...That might be the key. i thank you for your help on this.

Monica, thanks girl! I popped ove yesterday to your blog, an dfor whatever reason, my comments weren't showing up!! So I'll make sure that they show up today!

3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

I STILL OWE YOU AN EMAIL! UGH! LOL

Girl, no worries about the gains, so many things can happen. Hey, that is cool about eating the same things everyday. I need to get his book me thinks!

Crystal Lee said...

Hey hon! I agree with the whole idea of eating the same foods all the time. I know I used to! BORING...LOL And yes, I too wasnt even hungry. I think it was more of a mindset that we have to eat at certain times. We have to eat meats and veggies together and so forth.

I do love this protocol because it forces you to think outside the box. You have to create new menu ideas and seasonings. It is great!
:D

I cant wait to hear more about these half marathons.
Crystal :D

Ed & Jennifer said...

Hey you! I love Dr. Oz-I have that forever ingrained in my mind too! So funny you mentioned that! I'm really starting to research different diets and what the best ones are for a healthy, happy long life...I'll keep you posted!

So my dream! Ed and I went to work for some company and there was a board showing all the projects to be completed. So next to one of projects was written "S Smacmo" I was like...could that be? It was you and when I told you who I was we were so excited and we were both so skinny! Isn’t that so funny! So one day we need to meet so I can see if you look like you did in my dream! Btw, we are so doing the egg with the chili again tonight…YUM!!