Tuesday, February 19, 2008

6....

VLCD 37
Yesterday 171.0
Today 170.8
loss of <.2>
Total lost 25.0

Twenty five pounds is ALOT of fat! I am almost speechless when I stop to think about it! But best of all, is the SHAPING. My husband keeps on commenting on how much my "backside" has changed. He can keep on commenting. :)

My cold is a bit better. Me and zicam plus tea have seemed to do a number on it. Just have to remember to keep on taking the Zicam today.

I'm still doing all my research on "fueling" during training. It's very interesting and a bit coounter intuitive....so I'm still researching and thinking. But I am ready to get back on my bike!

So several people hav easked how I started all this. Well 4 years ago, I quit smoking, and 3 weeks later had a complete hysterectomy. A friend of mine was walking the Kona Marathon in Hawaii with the Leukemia Society's "Team in Training" I was intrigued that you could actually WALK one, so I decided to find one to walk as well. Some marathons are not walker friendly, because they have time limits that a walker could not possibly meet. Then my girlfriend convinced me to come to New Orleans and walk a HALF marathon with her....the Mardi Gras Marathon. Oh my gosh! What a blast! She convinced me to do the half so that when you finish, the party is still going. And going it was! Nothing like beer and king cake to finish off 13.1 miles! I still think that this is the best one out there!

Meanwhile hubby and I joined the YMCA, and in January of 2006, there was a sign up about "Y-Tri" , the Y's own Danskin Triathlon Training class. HMMM, when I was in my late 20's, and the Danskin Triathlon had just started, I had always thought about "trying" the Danskin "when I was older". "Older" was definitely here, so I called to inquire if this training class was appropriate for middle aged, out of shape ladies. I was assured that 8 weeks was PLENTY of time to get me ready for the Danskin...so I signed up. It was hard, but it was fun! I made some GREAT new friends. But most of all, I discovered a love of cycling. I'm a terrible runner, a very slow swimmer, but I ROCK on the bike! The week after the Danskin, hubby and I went out and bought road bikes. I had actually done the Danskin on a $79 Academy bike! It weighed a ton!

So since then, I have done the 2007 Danskin, a 150 mile MS bike ride, and several other 25-50 mile bike rides.

This year, I'll walk the Capital 10k (6 miles) at the end of March, and probably also do a 25 mile bike ride that weekend. Then in April, I will start training again for the Danskin.

There are lots of places that host a Danskin triathlon, and if you dare, I promise it will be a life changing experience! It's only girls, and it's all so very positive!

So for me, getting this weight off is the last piece in a total "me" transformation. And as my blog title says "Gonna do it"

here are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Lili, knock on wood, I seem to have the upper hand on this cold! how are you doing???

Biz, yes any loss is a good loss!

Jenn, Yes, hubby and I tried to go look at used boats yesterday from craigslist..we have the itch for a boat! But the one that we wanted to look at was too far, so we chilled at Sportsman's warehouse instead! I'm skipping Thursday's

Monica, I'll be glad to have you as a p3 buddy! Yea! we are almost done with R1P2!!!

Becca, the Zicam has some Vit c as well, maybe that has helped. but I'll remember about the Vit C flush. I had never heard about that.

2 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Oh yes, when you are down this far, every little bit is huge in the fat removal department. Down this small even 5 lbs means another clothing size!

YOU GO GIRL!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Is it a sign? You are really getting me to think about all this! My Mama has done 2 full marathons and it was so fun and rewarding just to be a part of her doing it and I can't imagine the feeling of actually personally doing it! The Danskin seems like a perfect combo! You are an inspiration girlfriend!

You used to smoke? Goodness, what did it take for you to finally quit? Wow, you don't seem like the type to smoke! Good for you for kickin' the habbit!

Do ya'll have the store REI where you live? Talk about a fun place to hang out (ya'll are outdoorsy like us)! We love to camp, fish, golf, bike, scuba dive...sheesh almost anything! I'm so looking forward to spring and being out of P2 so we can get out and enjoy Texas before it gets so damn hot!

Congrats on the 25lb mark girl...wait until your next round and you lose 25 more! Hubby will be saying "what happened to your bootay?" LOL