Friday, February 22, 2008

Not Giving Up My Taco Salad!

VLCD 40
Yesterday 168.0
Today 167-2
Loss of <.8>
Total lost 28.6

Yippeee! Especially after I went clothes shopping last night, and I am BETWEEN sizes! Arrrrgh! So I have decided that I REALLY don't need pants right now...I can get some skirts and splurge on a few new pairs of shoes. I just so desperately need some little black pants!

So I had a loss, even though I added in about an 1/8 of a cup of black beans at lunch yesterday. We took a friend to lunch and we wnet to Chipotle Grill. I have actually eaten there several times on protocol. i ususally get lutuce with the adobo chicken and mild salsa on top. Yesterday, I asked them to put the beans on the side. It was about a quarter cup and I ate half. Black beans are a low glycemic load food, I decided to experiment early! So for dinner, I had my usual ground beef, splash of boulllion, Mrs. Dash Chipotle, comino, over a bed of shredded lettuce and with a tomato on top. I have had that every day this week.! So maybe that is my magic loss food!

Anyway, my nutrition books came yesterday, and I have started reading them. interesting, very interesting, is all that I have to say! I will share some of my knowledge tomorrow when I have more time!

As for what my friends had to say,

Monica, you bet I am doing the major happy dance! Thanks for your support this round! I couldn't have done it without the friends I have found here!

Thanks Jenn! Here's back at you!

Crystal, you are so sweet! thank you !

2 comments:

Ed & Jennifer said...

Shelly, you always have such a great attitude and how can you not with such a successful round?! You have almost lost 30 flippen pounds-what did we do to deserve this protocol? I think we are the "chosen ones!" LOL

C'mon get to the 30 lb mark, as Ed always says to me "get'em girl!"

applebottomblues said...

Ooooh shoppin. Look for some shoes for me girl :)

Thanks for the suggestion about Chipotle Grill. I've been so afraid to eat out that I haven't done it at all on P2. I might go to bonefish grill tonight though. Wish me luck.

Have I told you how AMAZING you have done on P2. You RAWK!