Tuesday, February 26, 2008

R1P3 Day 1 ( Officially)

LIW 166.8
Yesterday 168.4
Today 168.4
Loss of <0.0>
1.8 over LIW



Ok, I was a good girl yesterday, and stuck to my 500 VLCD diet. Only I added 1/2 cup skim milk to my morning smoothie. The rest of my meals went like this. Apple in the AM, then my protein smoothie, protein powder, 1/3 cup milk 1/2 cup frozen strawberries. Late lunch was my taco salad, ground beef, lettuce and tomato. Then later cup of broth and 2 skinny grissini.


So I walked my daughter to school yesterday, and that got in 2/3 of a mile. I then went to the gym, and did 1.4 miles on the treadmill at a jog/walk. Then I did a very little bit of strength training...20 minutes. My upper body is screaming this morning!


I promised to share with you some of the kowledge that I have gleaned from this sports nutrition book that I am reading. It is called "Sports Nutrition for Endurance Athletes" 2nd ed. by Monique Ryan.


One of the things that I have learned is that the REASON that muscle weighs more than fat is that muscle is comprised of 75% water. Fat has only 10%. Even our bones are made up of 32% water. In 2004, the Food And Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine released the Dietary Reference Intake ( DRI) for water. Did you know that the adequate intake for males is 130 oz, or 3.8 liters, and for women 95 oz. or 2.9 liters!!!! And folks these are the requirements for NON athletes!


So everyone drink their water today...it helps build muscle!!!

Jenn, I am happy to be in P3, but now that it's OFFICIAL, I'm scared to death! I don't have the ability to run back to P2 and hide!

Monica, I'm glad that you will be a virgin P3'er with me! I hope that you are right aboutt he little gain. I just soo don't want to go back into the 170's. I am going to continue to measure, so hopefully that will keep me calmed down!

2 comments:

Ed & Jennifer said...

OH YAY...pictures! Can you believe the difference 30 lbs makes? You have such an athletic build as it is-you look fan-tabulous!!! Thanks for sharing-I'd say this protocol works huh?!

Good info on the water too! I do my best to drink 1 gallon a day and even that doesn't seem like enough some days! Also, did you know you burn more cals drinking cold water-YUP!

What an excellent round you had...way to show us how it's done right! No worries on P3 girl, just do what you know to do and eat lots of fruits and veggies-YUM!

Please don't be a stranger!

applebottomblues said...

You look terrific! WTG! This round was so good to you. You ROCKED it! I'm glad to be doing this P3 with you as well. Don't stop blogging. Keep us posted on your progress. I'll be excercising during P3 as well & I am SO JEALOUS of your ABS. WOO HOO!