Thursday, January 31, 2008

See Saw

VLCD 18
Yesterday 180.6
Today 181.4
gain of .8

Ok, I guess that I am extremely sensitive to sodium! I made an outstanding soup yesterday, and added Bragg's to it. It was so good and I was so cold, that I made it for supper too. I did egg whites in it for my protein in the evening, and even hubby ate it for supper! Today I am up, and so I used my new "water retention" gauge....my wedding ring! And it was soooo tight! Oh, and we did go to a local Tea Parlour to arrange for my lovely and charming DD's ( darling daughter) birthday party on saturday. We sampled the raspberry tea. It never occured to me, but that might have had an effect!

Yes, lucky me, on Saturday, I get to take seven 7 yo little girls to see the Hannah Montana 3-D Movie. Thankfully, 2 other Moms are going as well. After the movie, we will go to this Tea Parlour, and have Tea, scones, finger sandwiches, and birthday cake. Complete with dress up clothes! So this is going to be an all day affair! Some of our friends are coming in tomorrow, so I am going to have to be extra scrupulous on eating! I thought about taking a break, but decided that to take a break wouldn't get me popcorn, or cake, or tortilla chips, so why bother!

But you know, I really am not that bothered! Afterall, I certainly was never this successful on any OTHER diet that I have tried!!! And although I am stairstepping, I can really see the difference! My mistake was though, that I don't take my measurements when I started. But I took them on Sunday, so at least I have some point of reference.

I just want to get to 168 on this round. Surely I can get there! That would put me at my weight that I was at 4 years ago when I quit smoking and had a complete hysterectomy, within 6 weeks of each other! And if not, that's ok too!

Ok, gotta go to work!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hi there, I just found your blog after seeing a few of your comments on Biz's. I will have to take a little time and go read through to catch up. But it looks like you're doing great with the protocol.
The tea party sounds like a lot of fun for the little girls! I've got a 6 year old granddaughter and she'd be in heaven over that!