Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Trying to Get Into a Routine

LIW 166.8

Today 171.6

Over 4.8


Tuesday Exercise: 50 minute spin class, and 20 minutes of legs and abs.

For whatever reason, this silly post didn't "post" this morning!...So i'm posting this evening instead! I did another spin class today, and I think that I have been "better" in eating, I'll update calorie-count in the AM.



My meal choices weren't poor yesterday. Except for the small piece of banana nut bread, and 2 glasses of wine! I had 1/2 cup of non fat yogurt with 1/4 cup lowfat granola and a banana. Then I had 1 egg plus 3 egg whites omelet with feta cheese, and roasted veggies. Glass of 2% milk. Grilled veggie Panini with a few kettle chips. Dinner was thinly sliced roast beef, avocado and tomato salad....with the wine and banana nut bread.


I am not going to stress, I am not going to stress!


Calories 2425
Fat - 41.9% (114 grams)
Protein - 19.1% (117 grams)
Carbohydrates - 32.8% (201 grams)
Alcohol - 6.2% (22 grams)
Daily Sodium Intake - 2,828 m
Daily Sugar Intake - 86 gram
Daily Cholesterol Intake - 476 mg
Daily Saturated Fat Intake - 31 gram
Daily Fiber Intake - 20 grams
Nutrition Grade
B+



Excerpt from "Sports Nutrition for Endurance Athletes" by Monique Ryan, MS, RD, LDN .



"To estimate his or her caloric needs more specifically, this athlete could catogorize the training sessions by intensity. On a day of mild activity, with no purposeful exercise or training, or even on a rest day from training, an athlete only needs 12 to 14 calories per pound of body weight. On days when you engage in up to one hour of moderate exercise, you need 15 to 17 calories per pound. On a high-activity day, with 1 to 2 hours of moderate intensity exercise, you need 18 to 24 calories per pound of body weight. Finally, on days that you have a very high level of activity, with several hours of training, you need 24 to 29 calories per pound."



There is part of the "why" of what I am trying to base my nutrition on. I am eating too much fat though, and I need to stop it!

1 comment:

Ed & Jennifer said...

Shelly, I am here...I just haven't quite wrapped my head around all of this yet! I need to be like you and NOT be stressed...I am so impressed! How you feelin' AMAZING?

You are so...the shiz girl!!!