Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Survived the Hannah Montana...AGAIN!

LIW 166.8
Today 170.4
Over 3.8

Well, I survived the Hannah Montana concert at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. My daughter had a blast! We drove down Saturday, and spent the night with one of my friends. She paid me the nicest complement, when she told me that meeting my daughter, and spending time with her made her almost want to have a child! I misbehaved terribly, with pizza and beer, but it was yummy!

Sunday morning we were off the the Carnival. I got a Snickers Marathon Bar, ( like a Power Bar) and that held me over until the afternoon, when we finally sat down and ate a hamburger. My big uhoh at the Rodeo was the home made toffee that I bought and ate all through the concert! After the concert, we spent the night at another friend's house. She is the "aunt" that got the tickets for my daughter. She had made stuffed grape leaves,and so I had those with 2 glasses of wine. I also had some really good cheese with a few water crackers..

Then Monday, on our way home, we stopped at Mickey D's for breakfast, and I had a bacon egg and cheese biscuit, and half a hash brown. For lunch I had my left over Tortilla soup from Friday, sans the tortilla strips, and for dinner, I had cheese and water crackers.

I got in a big swim in the afternoon. I haven't been in the pool since last year's Danskin Training, so that was a major accomplishment. I managed to swim about 700 yards in various fashions with breaks every one hundred yards, and boy can I feel it this morning! But I will probably go to a spin class today. Our official training doesn't start until April 14, but I want to make sure that I am strong enough to be in the middle of the pack.

So when I tallied up my calories for the day, I was pretty shocked when they came in at:

Calories 1853
Fat - 48.4% (99 grams)
Protein - 14.7% (68 grams)
Carbohydrates - 32.8% (151 grams)
Alcohol - 4.1% (11 grams)
Daily Sodium Intake - 5,544 mg
Daily Sugar Intake - 59 grams
Daily Cholesterol Intake - 409 mg
Daily Saturated Fat Intake - 43 grams
Daily Fiber Intake - 10 grams
Nutrition Grade C-

According to my nutrition book, I need to be eating at least 2300-2400 calories per day, especially when I am working out. And I need to be having 500-600 grams of carbs! That just seems so foreign to me!!! But remember that Dr. S talks about people coming to him after being on starvation diets...so it makes me wonder! I am going to work on getting back within 2 lbs of my LIW this week, and then next week, which would be the start of P4 , is when I will test these theories out!

And here are my replies to my buds in bloggerland:

Biz, I know that Tortilla Soup is deadly...but I do sooo love it! LOL

Ed and Jenn, awww, you are so sweet. don't worry, I plan to blog my way through this....it will keep me honest!

Becca, I am having a time staying under my LIW, but by the same token, I haven't domne any steak days either. I'm trying to focus on getting with the 2 lb. range this week.

1 comment:

Ed & Jennifer said...

You survived Hannah Montana...phew! I'm sure by now you have all the songs memorized huh?! LOL

Shell, you are doing great! I wouldn't worry about being over LIW-it's looks like your body has stabilized no matter what you eat-NICE!

How many days into P3 before you started working out? I'm shocked it says you need that many carbs. Also what website do you use to add up your daily foods?

Thanks for the update-we are going to the rodeo too...yum, toffee! LOL