Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Today is the Day!

This just a very quick note, since I haven't posted in a very long while...

Weight is stable at 170-172. Working on eating 5-6 times a day, 50% carbs...not too much fat., it's HARD!

Tonight we start our official training group. We had a meeting Sunday with the whole big group, and it was so nice to see all my buddies. I also saw a woman who I really don't care for. She has never been an encourager. She just does HER thing, and to heck with the rest of us. I had a "moment" with her last year, and she just rubs me the wrong way! So she says "Wow! Look at you! I had heard that you had lost weight!" Hehe, they are talking about me!

We start in the pool tonight, Thursday we do a spin class, and Saturday we run...my goal for this year is to finish in under 2 hours. Last year I was 2:09.

Here's to my commentators:

Biz, I know that 5 lbs isn't alot, but it's also not protocol! :) thanks for keeping me grounded!

Skinny Jenny! I can't wait to hear all about Mexico! And you are right, on any other diet, I would be thrilled!

Becca, well, I REALLY haven't been working out as much as I SHOULD have, but now I have to! Hey, maybe you should train for a sprint triathlon!

Crystal! Where have you been hiding girl???? good to hear from you! Hey P2 is soooo much easier! Don't worry, you will take the weight back off.

2 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Ok Shelly, so what part of this protocol are ANY of us doing just so? Tell me??? Remember, this was Dr Simeon's CLINIC - and none of us are there ok? So cut yourself some slack. The man never told us what would happen if we exercised right after we got off of protocol, so we have to gauge these things ourselves. And the mere fact that you are MAINTAINING at 5 lbs over speaks VOLUMES!

Becca said...

Hey your workout schedule sounds grueling! And you know I laughed out loud when I read that you think I should do a triathalon! LOL! Yes, I am a hiker, a skier and a scuba diver, but I'm 53 years old for goodness sake! No new athletic adventures for me. My joints are too creaky to start up now! I'm still laughing about that one...