Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Juggling Act

LIW 166.8
Today 171.8
OVER 5.0

First of all, let me say, Ed and Jenn rocked! I have only gotten to watch about half, but you guys were cool as cucumbers! I would have decked that one doctor. Thanks for standing up for the protocol!

I am so very pleased with my weight! Since Friday, I have paid little attention to what I eat, and until last night, there were no hard core work outs. So that part is good!

I got home from Houston about 5:30. I REALLY didn't want to go last night to my Danskin training, but I did and I felt better when we were finished. But starting out, I felt like crud! I truly believe it was because my body was running on improper fuel! Everything that I have eaten in the last 5 days has been processed and none of it was whole grain! Granted, the dinner that we had Monday night was OUTSTANDING, a filet that you could cut with your fork. Topped with bearneaise sauce, and served with fried asparagus. Then several desserts were passed around, including bananas foster. Yesterday was mexican, and for the life of me, I do not know why I didn't eat any of the rice or beans!

I guess what I am starting to see is the correlation between proper fueling and performance. Who'd a thunk it! But it is very obvious to me now why exercise won't work on this protocol. You don't have the proper glycogen stores in your muscles. More on that tomorrow!

On to comments:

lindsayloo: Hey! Welcome to this protocol! It has been nothing short of a miracle for me!

Monica: Glad to see that you are back! I'll be over to check on you today!

Lili: Thanks for checking on me! I'll come over to play later!

becca: Can't wait to see how you are coming along. I'll check sometime today.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Hey Shelly! good to have you back. And good for you not putting on a lot of weight with all that great food. Sounds really yummy. And that you stuck to your training schedule and came out feeling better just goes to show the rejuvinating power of exercise.
And I thought Ed and Jenn and Shalom were awesome too. And Dr. Geddes too! Watch out HCG forums, you'll be flooded soon!

Amie said...

A big HERE HERE for Ed and Jenn! Wasn't that doctor a whackjob?? Oh yeah - gastric bypass surgery and having to eat through a STRAW for months and very little the rest of your LIFE is waaaaaaaaaay safer than a naturally produced hormone in TINY doses with a restricted diet for a little over ONE MONTH. WAY safer. Crackpot.

No fair you get Mexican!! ;) lol Just kidding .. getting back in the P2 groove has been awesome. I think the same thing about exercise and P2 - very interested to hear your take on it!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Well where ya been Shell? (hee, hee). What, you were in Houston? Next time you are in town-we need to hook up!

Thanks so much for your nice comments about the show-yeah that Dr. just wanted to fight. We have received many great emails from people who were inspired and want more information! The experience overall was very positive and we are grateful we had the opportunity to represent this Protocol!

I can't wait to hear your thoughts about exercise while on P2!