Tuesday, April 8, 2008

7 Days....

LIW 166.8
Today 172.0
OVER 5.2

It's not terrible, right? I am not worrying about it. I seem to be fluctuating between 170 and 172. It is what it is!

Sunday's bike ride was so much fun! It was a charity ride for the local Austism Society. It was also the first time that they had done the event, so it was really small. But boy was it windy! I'm still trying to figure out how you factor in a 10-15 mile headwind into the speed calculations! Best of all, is that my husband is gaining confidence on group rides! That is so important to me, because I want us to be able to do these together. He does a spin class and weights 5 days a week, so he's definitely strong enough. Just needs the practice outside.

I did feel a difference in my muscles on this ride. I was not as well fueled...no one I told you so! So with that in mind, i'm going to be doing some meal planning, so that I don't have to think while I am training. I will keep you posted!

I have to share my rant with you all. I went Saturday, to buy a new "Tri suit" and granted, I only went to one place, and only looked on the sale rack, but I could not find a suit big enough! Now I am comfortably wearing 12's, so it shouldn't be that hard, right? That is sooo frustrating that for the sports world, size 'L" translates to an 8-10! And this store didn't carry "XL" I'm sorry, but there are "plenty" of women who "tri" and need larger sizes. The designers of endurance sports clothing are egotistical idiots! So the search will have to continue.

Everyone have a great day!

2 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Ugh, sorry about the size thing, go to another store. 5 lbs is not so bad, you do know that right?

Becca said...

I get what you mean about the size thing. Maybe they're afraid they won't sell as many in that size. But Biz is right, I'm sure another store will have just what you need and maybe you'll get lucky and find it on the sale rack too!
And next year you'll be wearing size Medium...
That ride sounds like fun and that's great that your husband has been doing the rides with you and getting more confident. What a cool thing to do with your mate.
Back in the 90's my husband and I were running and doing 10k's together. It was the best until he started having problems with his feet and we quit. Although to this day I still wish I hadn't quit just because he couldn't run anymore. But it kind of took the joy out of it for me...
And ironically enough he has recently started running again and I can't because my knee is acting up. :(