Friday, April 25, 2008

A Quickie

LIW 166.8
Today 172.0
OVER 5.2

I feel like the Nationwide commercial, "When life comes at you fast..."

Yesterday our workout was hill repeats. That's where you run up a hill 5-6 times. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? I did 5 and could do no more! Ideally, you were supposed to run half of the repeat at 80% effort, then, the last half go all out. Well, we were doing about 100 yards. I did the first 50 at 80%, then turned up the gas, and only had enough for another 25. so my last 25, were a combo walk/jog. Yes, I was last every time! But it was all good! I am one sore woman today.

Diet wise, it is starting to feel more automatic. I have noticed that I can turn up the carbs as long as I don't turn up the fats. And I am a cheese loving girl! The main thing that I have noticed is that I can actually eat salads with little or no dressing. That is thanks to this protocol entirely! So we'll see how I do this weekend, with all the food that we will have camping.

Ok, you ladies need to say a prayer that it doesn't rain all weekend! We are camping in screened shelters, so heaven help us if it rains! MyI did manage to find a cute S.W.A.P.S. that was quick and easy. We did a Shooting Star using adhesive foam stars, pipe cleaners for the "tail" and stuck them on another square of foam board. They turned out pretty cute!

Sorry for not having anymore time to respond to comments!

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Becca said...

I'm really enjoying your posts about your training sessions. Must be because I'm enjoying them vicariously. I probably wouldn't enjoy them so much if I was doing it! But good for you. You're doing great!
And here's hoping you come back safe and SANE from that camping trip.

Amie said...

You are my hero!! After I reach my goal weight this round, I'm going to join a dance class or martial arts I think. I've noticed how much easier it is to move around with all of that weight GONE!! What a miracle!

I'm going to be reading your blog closely for P3 info. I didn't stick to a P3 diet after my last round, and I think I really would have benefited from it. Thanks for keeping us updated!

BizBuzz said...

This is pure, unadulterated spam, please stop by my blog ASAP. Thanks sweetie!

applebottomblues said...

OMG! I guess you ARE sore. I used to do those hill repeats when I ran track. They were brutal then and I was 18!

Sorry I haven't been around in a while my friend. I've had issues, but you were still on my mind. I just started P2 again with DH this time and I'm posting regularly so I'll be around. Take care sweetie.